At the center of everything we do is the desire to make a difference. We believe that there is no better way to introduce someone to Jesus than to meet a person’s needs right where they are. Since day one, our DNA has been outreach-driven with activities like Adopt-A-Block where we demonstrate God’s love through practical acts of service, visits to nursing homes to remind the elderly that they’re not forgotten, and programs for the homeless where they are provided a hot meal, haircut or even a shower–all in an effort to be the hands and feet of Jesus extended.
Our Genesis Men’s Home is a place where life-transformation is possible for men who are dealing with the after-effects of addiction of all kinds. In the midst of pain, this residential discipleship program is a place to remind them that there is hope and that change is possible.
Short-Term Mission Teams also travel from across the country to come alongside us as we serve our local community. This means everyone is serving shoulder to shoulder to invest in a better tomorrow.
Every year, special events take place that provide toys during Christmas, backpacks leading up to the new school year and meals for families entering Thanksgiving. We firmly believe that being the church is as much about what happens outside the four walls as inside, and we invite you to play a part.
A Sample of Our Outreaches Include:
- Restoring lives impacted by addiction through our residential discipleship program called Genesis Men’s Home
- Sharing the love of Christ with local homeless men, women and children through providing clothing, haircuts, showers, a hot meal and more
- Demonstrating God’s love through practical acts of service in the community through Adopt-A-Block
- Encouraging the often forgotten senior citizens living in nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Providing clothing free of charge in our Clothing Boutique
- Offering a new future for kids through educational programs and mobile KidzJam outreaches that deliver a high-energy, interactive lesson on character and faith
- Addressing inner-city food scarcity through feeding programs, a soup kitchen and state of the art food pantry.
- Providing special outreach events that assist families heading back to school, preparing for the holidays or even just to remind them they are loved
If you are interested in being a part of one of these outreaches and aren’t sure which one is for you, let us know and we will be glad to help!